In case you haven’t noticed, Medical Coding Academy has released an entirely new line of products! These are designed to give medical coding students more options than ever before. No longer do you need to purchase an entire course to get the medical coding knowledge you need. Now you have the option of purchasing a book as well.
Today, we’ll be taking a closer look at one of the books we released: Exam Prep Study Cases.
About the Book
Official coding and guideline knowledge are required by AAPC® and AHIMA® in order to pass the certification test. This “to-the-point” and “no-fluff” guide contains a unique comprehension of the ICD-10-CM and CPT Guidelines. Upon completing the study case in this book, you’re encouraged to continue the momentum by finishing the Mock Exam book next. This is where you’ll put all your new skills to the test and experience a simulation experience of the real certification test.
You get 10 times your money’s worth with this book! Here’s all that’s included:
- Detailed answer key rationales (located directly behind every single case), breaking down the official guidelines and emphasizing the key words to identify the correct answer – EXPLAINED
- ICD-10 Guidelines – EXPLAINED
- CPT Guidelines – EXPLAINED
- Medical Terminology – Most frequently seen on the test and in the real world
- Medical Abbreviations – Most frequently seen on the test and in the real world
- Memorized Codes – Most frequently seen on the test and in the real world
- Medications – Most frequently seen on the test and in the real world
- Encoder – Abstracting the diagnosis and procedure. (BONUS)
- Index – Learn how to code the diagnosis and procedure using the index (BONUS)
- Test Taking Tips
The Author’s Approach
Highly recognized and esteemed in the industry, Mrs. Delissa Ortega recognized there was an industry need for a sound education. This prompted the meticulous undertaking of writing each case in such a way to expose what the learner doesn’t know. The detailed answer key rationales reveal a COLOSSAL amount of knowledge in “bite size” progressions. Mrs. Ortega approached each case scenario and answer key with a heart of compassion and a spirit of servanthood. Here she reveals her treasured trade secrets and teaches the learner how to completely obliterate the misfortunes that testers are often left vulnerable to.
Upon equipping you with the medical coding skills needed to pass the test, Mrs. Ortega progresses the learner to the “real-world” aspect of the field. Get ready to master the skills needed to hit the ground running as you prepare to advance into the industry. In this phase, the student will which “key words” to abstract from the cases. These will be the same critical key words the medical coder will type into their encoder software while on the job. And still, it doesn’t end there. Get ready to learn how to locate the diagnosis and procedure codes using the intricate alphabetical indexes of your coding manuals. Hands down, there has never been a creation where the learner is offered exam preparation and real-world preparation at the same time. Indeed, MCA is at your service.
Be sure to visit the store to buy this book and our other fabulous medical coding products.